This is for my son Joshua who LOVES cashews. He could eat them quite literally like popcorn.
When I came across this recipe a few years ago, what caught my eye was its simplicity. A few ingredients, most of which I already had on hand, and a reputation in Honolulu to back up its quality.
Many ingredients does not necessarily mean a great recipe.
This is definitely the case with
Keo’s Thai Cashew Chicken
from Keo’s Thai Cuisine Cookbook
- 3/4 lbs. chicken breasts, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup oil
- 2 tablespoons Oyster sauce
- 8 green onions, cut into 2 inch lengths
- 1 – 5 whole dried red chili peppers – *I use chili flakes
- 3/4 lbs unsalted roasted cashew nuts
- 2 cloves of garlic crushed
- serve with rice or lettuce leaves
- Heat oil in frying pan or wok. Add garlic and stir fry until light brown.
- Add chicken and oyster sauce; cook for 4 – 6 minutes. Reduce heat to medium.
- Add green onions, chili, and cashews; mix well.
- Serve with rice or lettuce cups.