Doesn’t this just say, Spring?
It is my FAVORITE time of year. Is it your’s?
And, mangoes, who doesn’t love a perfect mango?
These were incredible!
Did I tell you yet that I love Curry? Maybe I did? Well, I haven’t made curry often enough so far this year. It was a craving this week. And, I am so glad that mangoes were readily available to indulge me in this curry. Smile!
Not only does this recipe full fill my craving, but it is spring on a plate. Warm and sweet rich with flavor and color.
When I think of spring, I often think of Easter, which will be later this week. I will be sticking with the traditional ham, sweet potato something, and I don’t know what else yet. Is that bad? I saw these Carrot Cake Cinnamon Rolls and am pretty sure they are on the menu. I woke up this morning thinking about them. If anyone is willing to share their favorite Easter side dish I am taking suggestions. Please!
As for this Chicken Curry with Mango Chutney, you don’t have to add the pasta, you could serve it over a bed of rice. You can even serve it cold as a wrap. Oh, please I hope there are leftovers. I love the way the flavors meld the day after, served cold or hot.
Curried Chicken with Mango Chutney
- Combine first 9 ingredients in a medium saucepan; bring to a boil. Reduce heat, and simmer 15 minutes or until most of liquid evaporates and mixture is thick, stirring occasionally.
For Chicken and vegetables:
- Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add garlic and chicken; sauté 5 minutes.
- Combine coconut milk and next 4 ingredients (coconut milk through fish sauce), stirring with a whisk. Add coconut mixture to pan; bring to a simmer.
- Add peppers and snow peas; cover and cook 5 minutes or until vegetables are crisp-tender, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in chutney and pasta; toss well to combine.
- Sprinkle with desired garnishes.