This, like Chinese Pot Roast Chicken is a faithful family favorite.
My husband walked through the door while the linguine was still boiling and the other ingredients waited, prepped on the counter.
First words out of his mouth… “It smells like that pasta salad you used to make when we were dating.”
Yup, big smile, nailed it.
I lost the recipe some years back, but decided to attempt it from memory. Success! It’s back and I’m so in love with this refreshing easy to make salad. Enjoy!
Linguine Salad with Tuna and Lemon
- 1/2 cup lemon juice
- 1/2 cup oil
- Good Seasons Dressing mix, 1 teaspoon of dry mix from an envelope
- 1 tablespoon Parmesan cheese
- 12 ounce package of linguine
- 10 – 12 ounce package frozen peas
- 1 tomato diced, or about a dozen cherry tomatoes sliced in half
- 3 green onions, sliced thinly
- 6 ounce can of tuna, drained
- To make the Dressing – In a measuring cup combine lemon juice, oil, tsp of dressing mix, and Parmesan cheese. Whisk together and set aside.
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil and prepare linguine according to package directions.
- Drain and add back to the pot, add the frozen peas to the pot of hot pasta.
- Rinse with cold water until pasta is cooled and peas are thawed. Drain again.
- In a large bowl, add the drained pasta and peas, tomato, green onions and tuna.
- Pour dressing over the pasta and vegetables and toss to combine.
- Refrigerate or enjoy immediately. Sprinkle with extra Parmesan or lemon juice, if desired.