I love variety for dinner and this did the trick.
Not breakfast, not tortilla, just the perfect change.
Savory Chicken with buttery sweet caramelized onions and melted cheese hugged in a tender crepe.
I used a regular crepe recipe, but added my gluten-free or low-carb diet crepe option at the bottom of the recipe for those that might like that option. I did make both and my recipe for low- carb tortillas / crepe worked great for my husband while we enjoyed the traditional version.
For another Keto diet option try these Chicken Enchiladas – Low – Carb and Gluten-free
Savory Chicken and Caramelized Onion Crepes
Note: Keto friendly/ gluten-free crepe recipe below
- 3/4 cup whole milk
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 large eggs
- 3 – 4 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt, divided
- 1 yellow onion, sliced vertically 1/4 inch thickness
- 2 cups shredded chicken
- 1 Cup shredded Fontina or Italian blend cheese, more for garnish
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh herbs, chives, thyme or parsley
- Combine milk, 3/4 cup flour, eggs, 2 tablespoons oil, and 1/4 teaspoon salt in a blender. Process until smooth. Cover and chill 1 hour.
- In large skillet heated over medium add a tablespoon of oil, heat until shimmering.
- Add sliced onions and 1/4 tsp. salt, saute until golden, stirring often, about 10 minutes.
- Add shredded chicken to onions and stir until heated and combined. Keep warm and set aside.
- Heat an 8-inch nonstick skillet over medium-low. Brush pan with oil; add about a 1/4 cup batter to pan. Swirl pan so batter covers bottom. Cook until crêpe is almost set and shakes loose, about 1 minute. Flip crêpe; cook 30 seconds.
- Remove crêpe from pan; place 1/3 cup chicken mixture down center sprinkle with cheese; roll up.
- Repeat 7 times with remaining oil, batter, and chicken cheese mixture.
- Sprinkle with cheese and herbs.
Keto Diet / Low – Carb Crepe Ingredients:
- 5 Eggs
- 1/4 C. Heavy Cream
- 1/4 tsp. Salt
Crepe / Tortilla Preparation:
- Blend all ingredients together in blender.
- Heat skillet over medium heat.
- When hot pour approx. 1/4 cup egg mixture onto skillet swirling pan or spreading liquid to form a crepe like tortilla.
- When almost cooked through, turn carefully and cook other side for just a few moments more.
- Remove gently to plate.
- Refrigerate to firm up while filling is cooking.