Tell me this doesn’t look yummy.
Rich, luxurious, savory, sweet all wonderfully describe this dish.
My family can’t get enough of these
Balsamic Roasted Tomatoes with Fresh Mozzarella!
Incredible side dish to add with chicken, pork, pasta, or polenta.
Toasted Sourdough, please!
It may be spring, but it was hot today, so I roasted it all in a broiler pan over low heat on my gas grill outside. Guess, I could make this while camping then. Ahh.
I prefer fresh mozzarella for making this as opposed to the part- skim mozzarella we use for shredding on pizza. Fresh has a softer texture if you haven’t used it before.
Balsamic Roasted Tomatoes with Fresh Mozzarella
- 1 – 2 pints grape or cherry tomatoes
- 1/4 cup olive oil or avocado oil (less if desired)
- coarse salt
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- Preheat oven to 400 F.
- Drizzle oil all over a large rimmed baking dish. Toss tomatoes into the dish and roll in oil. Sprinkle with coarse salt (approx. a 1/2 teaspoon).
- Roast tomatoes for 15 – 20 minutes stirring them every 5 minutes to ensure they are evenly roasted. They will pop and juices should be jammy before adding the balsamic vinegar.
- Drizzle vinegar over tomatoes and stir gently. Roast for another 5 – 10 minutes until balsamic has reduced a little but hasn’t burned.
- Sprinkle cubes of mozzarella among the tomatoes.
- Turn off heat letting cheese soften and melt for just a minute or two before serving.