I know I have been away awhile, a long while. Honestly I have been thinking about Sprinkle and a Dash, but life has kept me busy.
Son#1 is getting married in a few weeks and Son #2 graduates from High School less than a week later. Teaching cooking classes to kindergarten – 5th grade has kept me the busiest. That is new for me, new as of this last October. Challenging, but so rewarding! I honestly think it’s the best job ever.
This week we made these pancakes in class, I came across the recipe on The Cheesecake Factory website. I’m always hoping the children will like the recipe choices and this one was a hit. Even with my most finicky little chef, who doesn’t like “wicotta”cheese. To keep in line with our class theme “Spring Delights” we made a luscious Blueberry Sauce to top the pancakes. Bon Appetit!
(The Cheesecake Factory)
1-3/4 cups All-Purpose Flour
1 Tbl. Baking Powder
1 tsp. Kosher Salt
1-1/2 cups Buttermilk
2 ea. Eggs
1 tsp. Vanilla
2 Tbls. Vegetable Oil
2 cups Fresh Ricotta Cheese
4 Tbls. Granulated Sugar
2 Tbls. Lemon Zest (minced)
2-1/2 tsps. Vegetable Oil
- Place the flour, baking powder and salt into a mixing bowl. Stir all of the ingredients together until evenly combined. Set aside.
- In another bowl, combine the buttermilk, eggs, vanilla and oil. Stir.
- Add the ricotta cheese, sugar and lemon zest, gently stir the ingredients together until evenly combined.
- Add the flour mixture to the buttermilk and ricotta cheese. Continue to fold the ingredients together until evenly combined. Do not over mix the batter.
- Using a 4 oz. ladle, pour the batter onto a lightly greased griddle.
- Cook the pancakes for approximately 2-1/2 minutes or until the edges begin to dry and puff up with little air bubbles will start appearing over the top surface of the pancakes. Flip each pancake over and continue to cook for another 1-1/2 minutes or until done.