I made this some months ago and though it’s winter here at home, somehow I still crave something cold and sweet. This Mango Sorbet can be made in just a little over 30 minutes for soft serve, or freeze a few hours to over night for a firmer sorbet.
Tart and yet sweet sometimes it’s just what I’m craving.
- 2 1/2 cups frozen mango cubes
- 1 can (11 1/2 oz) of Kern’s Nectar Mango
- 2 teaspoons vodka (or vanilla made with alcohol)
- 1/8 tsp. salt
- 1 tablespoon sugar (optional)
- Put all ingredients in blender or processor and puree. Stop and stir as needed if it seizes up.
Pour into Ice cream machine and churn for 20 minutes until thick soft-serve sorbet.
- Transfer to container, smooth surface, and freeze until firm, at least 3 hours. Store up to one week.