15 to 30 minutes and you have a dish that isn’t complicated, but intensely flavorful.
Just a few spices that you should already have in your pantry, a nice piece of fish, and Butter…
who could do without butter.
This Oh So Easy Blackened Salmon could be served over so many options, a bed of Cheesy Almond Polenta, cous cous, angel hair pasta, or any variety of grilled vegetables.
Keep that butter nice and hot, but once you have the fish in the pan you no longer want it to smoke. Then carefully flip it over for a beautiful blackened finish. Hey, look at that another use for my Paella pan.
Here I just added coleslaw and sourdough for a super simple and quick summer dinner. Something cool and refreshing is the perfect accompaniment for all those spices on this Oh So Easy Blackened Salmon.
Oh So Easy Blackened Salmon
- 2 tablespoons ground paprika
- 1 teaspoon cayanne (if desired)
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground white pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon basil
- 1/4 teaspoon thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon oregano
- 1/4 – 1/2 cup butter
- 2 pounds salmon (mahi mahi, swordfish, shark also work well)
- Blend Spices in small dish.
- Sprinkle the seasonings over the fish and gently press into the surface of the fish. Spray lightly with cooking spray.
- Heat a skillet until hot.
- Add the butter and heat just until the butter begins to smoke.
- Carefully ( it will spit a lot) lay fish seasoning side down onto the hot skillet. Turn down the heat to keep it from smoking.
- Cook for 4 -8 minutes (4 is usually good for salmon).
- Turn and cook 4 -8 minutes more, or until done.