I love enchiladas especially the tangy tomatillo sauced ones.
In fact anything smothered in a tomatillos sauce sounds good to me.
On the days when our family is lowering our carb intake I have missed making enchiladas. I haven’t tried making enchiladas with the Keto Tortillas because I am sure they will absorb too much liquid and become soggy.
These Lower – Carb Tortillas don’t absorb liquid and stay pliable rather than get soggy. They are very fragile, but small tears were unnoticed in the finished dish.
Prepare the tortillas.
Carefully straighten them out.
Process the sauce.
Simmer the sauce.
Low – Carb Tortillas Ingredients:
- 5 Eggs
- 1/4 C. Heavy Cream
- 1/4 tsp. Salt
- Blend all ingredients together in blender. Heat skillet over medium-high heat. When hot pour approx. 1/4 cup egg mixture onto skillet swirling pan or spreading liquid to form a crepe like tortilla. When almost cooked through, turn carefully and cook other side for just a few moments more. Remove gently to plate. Refrigerate to firm up while filling is cooking.
- 10 tomatillos
- 1/2 an onion
- 1/2 C. chopped Cilantro
- 2 tsp. Chicken Bouillon
- 4 oz. can of Green Chiles
- 2 C. Cooked and Shredded chicken
- 1/2 C. sour cream
- 2 C. shredded Mexican cheese, divided
Preheat oven to 350F.
- Blend or process the first 4 ingredients. Then simmer in pan for 15 to 20 minutes on medium heat until mixture has softened. Taste and add salt if needed.
- Put chicken in a bowl and add about half of the cooked tomatillo mixture, green chiles, sour cream, and half of the cheese. Mix together.
- Grease a 9 x 13 inch dish.
- Gently fill each tortilla with about a 1/4 – 1/3 cup chicken mixture, fold and place in dish.
- When dish is filled with lined up enchiladas, spread the rest of the tomatillo sauce over the enchiladas and sprinkle with remaining cheese.
- Cover with aluminum foil and bake for 15 minutes, uncover and bake for 5 more minutes.