This is one of my favorite recipes.
I make it for company and they think I’m Martha Stewart.
It is that good!
As long as you have ripe avocados and chicken, you have dinner.
You probably have everything in your pantry already.
This whips up in minutes, with no marinating.
Cooked on the grill it is fantastic.
I’ve made it while camping and loved it.
Thighs, no breast, no problem.
Leftover chicken or guacamole sitting in the fridge, you got this. Just add a few spices and lime to freshen it up.
Slice it up and stick it in a tortilla, wa-la tacos.
Slice it up and put it in salad, it is SO good.
Chipotle Glazed Chicken with Guacamole Sauce
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1/4 C. light brown sugar (omit or lessen to 1 tablespoon for Low Carb option)
- 2 t. cumin
- 1 t. chipotle powder
- 1 t. garlic powder
- 1 t. kosher salt
- 1 T. oil
Guacamole Sauce Ingredients:
- 3 small ripe avocados
- 1/4 t. cumin
- 1/4 t. chipotle powder
- 1/8 t. garlic powder
- 1/4 – 1/2 t. salt (to taste)
- 1/4 c. finely chopped cilantro
- 1/4 c. finely chopped green onion
- 1 – 2 T. Lime juice + Limes for garnish
- 2 T. sour cream
- Slice breasts in to cutlets if they are large. Set aside.
- Combine sugar, spices, and salt in a bowl and mix together
- Sprinkle spice mixture onto one side of the chicken breasts.
- Heat about a tablespoon of oil in large skillet.
- When hot and sizzling, add chicken breasts, spiced side down.
- Sprinkle other side of chicken with spice mixture.
- Cook 4 minutes, turn and continue cooking until breasts are done, about 4 -5 more minutes.
- Peel and mash coarsely the avocados in a bowl.
- Add all other ingredients and stir gently to combine.
- Serve on top of chicken breasts.
- Drizzle with more lime if desired.