I don’t claim that this is better than Panda or some other place.
I don’t have to cook when I do go to Panda.
Sometimes, that is better!
What I do know!
These are – Just the right mix of tart, sweet, sticky, and meaty in a golden,
easy to prepare sauce.
No more gooey fritter bites like I have gotten all to often at Panda.
“Where’s the meat?”
These are perfect and take less than an hour to make, from prep to table.
- 3-5 chicken breast, cubed into 1 inch pieces (trimmed b/s Chicken thighs are good too)
- salt and pepper
- 3/4 cup cornstarch
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1/3 cup canola oil
- 3 T. Orange juice concentrate
- 1/4 C. water
- 3 T. Soy sauce
- 1/2 C. Rice Wine Vinegar
- 1/2 C. Sugar
- 1 t. Sriracha sauce or chili flakes
- Trim fat off of chicken, then cut into 1 inch cubes. Season with salt and pepper.
- Put chicken pieces in a large bowl and pour cornstarch over chicken. Stir/flip pieces until completely covered.
- Mix Eggs in another bowl and add cornstarch covered chicken to the eggs.
- Mix to combine.
- Heat oil in large skillet.
- Cook chicken in 3 batches until browned.
- Whisk until smooth.
- Then pour evenly over chicken.
- Turn chicken so the sauce gets on both sides and then put in the oven at 350 degrees for 15 minutes.
- Turn chicken and then cook for 15 more minutes.